How to take existing product and upgrade it so it keeps up to date on the latest developments in the tech industry
Respected furniture house owner and businessman.
Client’s previous website lacked certain features and functionalities, also requirement to add specific modules to the website using Kentico CMS came in. Online payment module was lacking which severely affected business processes. Efficient coupon management system needed to be in place.
Updated website with brand new features that would accommodate all customers needs. Increase deployment time and the launch of updated versions.
It was important to upgrade the website to Kentico CMS version 8.1 so all new features and enhancements could be present. Incorporated them with the base code, as client wanted. Improved the productivity of the developers without affecting the flexibility of the applications being developed. It’s only feasible to upgrade since the website was already developed on the Kentico CMS platform.
What’s been done
- Added new functionalities and incorporated them into the base code
- Rewritten certain code sequences
- Updated macro signature
- Import/Export Page type
- QA tested
As a result of upgrading procedure:
- There has been a steady increase of inbound traffic on the website, which is expected to rise further in the future
- With the use of Kentico 8.1, the back-end of the website has been updated and it has become more organized and users can now effortlessly access and manage data at the back-end.
- Kentico offered a cost as well time-effective solution that greatly accelerated the time to deployment and the launch of the updated version
Wide variety of areas of specialization including large stores and sales, working with high load databases